Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Step Up Recruits Again

If you live in the Chapel Hill area and want to loose 10% of your weight or more, please, please, please do your self a favor and sign up for the last cohort of the Step Up study. I signed up a year ago and let me tell you it is the absolute best thing I have ever done for my body and physical health.

The program is amazing, life changing and they pay you. Ok, it's not much but, you are not paying for weight watchers and you are getting, in my mind, a much better program. You are pretty much gauranteed to loose 10% of your body weight in the 18 months, beacuse they care, they follow you and will even give you meal replacements if you are not on track to meet your goal.

I can not say enough positive about my experience. It has impacted every aspect of my life in a positive way. I do not regret one minute of it and wish every one struggling with weight for their whole life like me, could have the experience I have had in losing the weight. I am not done yet, (I am half way through) but I have only 20 pounds to go.

Here's the info I recieved:
---------------------------
Dear Step Up study participants,

We are getting ready to recruit for the final round of study participants for the Step Up study. Many of you have told us that you have friends, co-workers or family
members who may be interested in participating. Please help spread the word that we are now begin recruitment for this third and final round of the study. Groups will start in February 2010 and we are we are beginning the eligibility screening now. If you know anyone who might be interested, please have them give us a call ( 919-966-5852 ) or send me an email, and we can give them more details about the program. They can also go to the website, www.uncweightresearch.org, for additional
information. Please pass it on!!

Thank you!
Kristen

--
Kristen Polzien, PhD.
Exercise Physiologist
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
1700 MLK Jr. Blvd., Suite 136
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: (919) 966-9762
Fax: (919) 843-6663

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had and are having such a positive experience........My neighbor/client is also experiencing the same....guess what? For Christmas I got a talking pedometer from Samantha...now my pedometer can nag me even when I'm not looking at it!!! I will check out and see if they will offer a day program.......can't quite cut prime time (been discussing this with business manager Gordon and several seniors who have been with me many years......nature of my business makes 3:30 to about 9 M-Th very tough to be away......but that doesn't mean I can't keep encorporating the skills. Thanks to my exposure to the skills, much of it through you, I am gliding through the holidays with the focus completely off food ----- today, Christmas Day -- my one indulgence was low cal/higher fiber pumpkin fluff!!!

    ReplyDelete