Monday, February 8, 2010

Gall Bladder Flush

Today is day one of my week long vegan diet, culminating in a gall badder and liver flush. I do this about once per year along with my smears for colon cancer screening, which requires a no red meat diet. The bean soup is cooking in the crock pot and I had a mock (soy) chicken sandwich for lunch.

The cleanse is pretty simple ( From The Amzing Liver Cleanse by Andreas Moritz):
Eat a vegan diet Monday through Friday plus drink 2 large glasses of apple juice everyday

Saturday have oatmeal for breakfast and for lunch have white rice and steamed veggies.
Then the fun begins and it gets a bit more complicated. Eat nothing after 2 pm. Drink plenty of water.
6 pm - First serving of Epsom salt (1 Tablespoon of Epsom salt in 3/4 cup of water add lemon to stomach the taste and use a straw to get it down)
8 pm - Second serving of Epsom salt
10 pm Combine 1/2 cup olive oil and 3/4 c fresh squeezed citrus juice in a jar, shake hard. Drink standing next to bed. Lie down on back, keep still for 20 minutes. Go to sleep

Sunday
6 am Third serving of Epsom salt
8 am Fourth serving of Epsom salt
10 am fresh juice
11 am eat fresh fruit
12 eat light
By evening eat normally

The results are that a number of gallstones are released and it detoxes your liver and gall bladder. I have been doing this for at least 5 years once or twice a year and to my amazement there are always gall stones that come out. They are waxy, bright green and pebbles sized.

It is also a way to loose weight short term- I am sure it is water weight but it looks good on the scale.

I borrowed Mark Bittman's Cook Everything Vegetarian and I am flirting with going to more of a plant based diet. With Food Inc (which I still haven't seen) and Pollan's books (which I have read) I am again moving towards a simpler, lower global economic cost and healthier diet.

1 comment:

  1. Vegan diet makes sense........I'd like to move there too. The Gall Bladder flush still turns me off.......don't know why, maybe it is the organization of it that turns me off, or maybe it is the idea of eating Epsom Salts.

    ReplyDelete