Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Night Sweats

One thing I know from back when I was on Atkins, when I sweat at night it is my body losing weight. The next morning the scale will show a drop. It has been happening again. In the past year when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I am sweaty when I have been counting my calories and exercising. I do not soak the sheets like I did in the hospital after delivering Allison. After she was born, I had night sweats and left the hospital in my pre-pregnancy jeans. For me there is a real link.

I looked it up on the Internet and I may be the only person that has this phenomena. But it works for me. I am pretty sure that it is not menopause, because it only happens when I am dieting, and only at night. I wonder if it is the body using the stored fat for energy and to get to the stored fat the water has to be let loose, because body fat has a high water percentage. Is this why I should drink more water or herbal tea, to flush the fat out of my body?

Very difficult questions I will ask the dietitian next month when she calls back.

1 comment:

  1. I found this very interesting. I have had night sweats, but I think they are more menopause related..............it will be interesting to see what the dietician says.

    ReplyDelete