Thursday, February 4, 2010

Old Tricks

I am up to my old tricks again. Back on track with my diet and I bought a new pair of size 10 long dress slacks in black. They are now hanging on the back of my closet door taunting me or encouraging me- depending on the mood and perspective. I have 90 days in which to get into them or I am forced to take them back to Old Navy-- the walk of shame --and return the pants because they don't fit. I can get into these pants, they are just a bit like sausage casing- if you know what I mean, not slacks I could wear in public.

I got a mailing about reunion today. They want me just the way I am, with grey hair and a few extra pounds. Made me feel good, but I don't want me the way I was 18 months ago.

90 days is May 5th. I know I can do it. It may be 10 pounds, and it may be 20 pounds, it may even be 30 pounds, but I doubt it. What ever it is, I know it is doable and I will be a size 10 before the 5th of May. Before that receipt expires!

1 comment:

  1. To paraphrase the Obama campaign slogan, "YES YOU CAN!!!"

    ReplyDelete