Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let it Be

I tell my daughter when they were giving out patience I was too impatient to wait and went to a different line. I find myself at this late-ish date praying for patience and humility. Two large short comings in my virtues. It must go along with not wanting to give up control of my life and to surrender. I can now say "let go and let God," and mean it, and believe it a little. This is a huge step for me in the past year. I never used the the G word before our new minister came.

The first step to making anything better is to want it to be better. I think that I would have more peace in my life if I had more patience and humility. It is related to why I have, in the past, over-eaten to stuff down the feelings of frustration or not being valued fully. What does humility feel like? I do not need to make myself be too important because I am at peace with myself and my place in the world? See vanity discussion from yesterday below- but humility is the lack of self pride. If I am more connected to God do I really need self pride? I don't think so.

Where as patience is about surrender to others, to god and to my short comings. I try to believe it will all be as it will. What will be will be. It just hit me "Let it be" is about surrender and patience. My very favorite Beatles song, after my dad signing "I Wanna Hold Your hand" is "Let it Be" and I just now got the lesson.

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

1 comment:

  1. Let it be..........I always liked that song too and I like it more and more as I mellow with age. When I truly "let it be" they are just going to have to call me "mellow yellow" (quite rightly)!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete