Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vanity

A big motivator for me is vanity. I want to be a size 10 by my 25th that is and has been the weight loss big, long term goal. The secret is that people who are vain are actually insecure, and covering up for it by being vain. Trying to prove to themselves and the world that they are attractive.

We are all just doing our best going on day to day on this planet. Every one has insecurities and vanities to cover them up. Vanity is like the make up I use to cover my dark circles under my eyes. It doesn't take away the circles but I don't have to look at them, and I don't want to show them to the world. Same with our insecurities. So I think about my reunion and I am trying to cover up my insecurities by losing 65 pounds. That is a lot of cover up, but it doesn't take away the insecurities. I wonder what takes them away. An intention for me was to get rid of my fat self image and it is proving hard to shake.

I saw Oprah makes overs yesterday- look good at any age. Where they took women from frumpy to glam in a few moments. The women didn't recognize themselves. Can we all go glam in a few moments with shorter skirts and tighter tops, eye liner and lip gloss? Maybe. Perhaps the better answer is to accept ourselves where we are on this path, actually love ourselves inside and out, warts and all. Make peace with our tummys and bottoms, arms and legs, chins and cheeks. Then we won't have to be vain we can just be confident.

1 comment:

  1. Vanity doesn't do it for me............at least not anymore. Maybe it is something about being on the 60 side of 55..............I just want to feel good and to not be limited in terms of what I can do. What I look like is a bonus. And, I'm finally not really caring about what anybody thinks...even me!!

    ReplyDelete