Monday, January 11, 2010

Weather and Under the Weather

The weather is too cold and I am sick with a really bad sore throat. I would love to just complain and tell you about how I can't swallow and that is has been bitter cold. It was so cold that walking outside last week I got sick. I walked Terry Road and came down with a wicked sore throat the next day. Before I got sick I walked laps around my down stairs. So I won't just complain, I will share a few lessons with you.

My lessons this weeks:

If I am going to exercise indoors- which I hate- I will do it here, not at the Sportsplex. I get on the phone and walk laps through the living room, study, bathroom to the entry way back to the living room.

If I am sick, lie on the couch and let my body heal. Don't push it and don't eat over it. I haven't been very hungry while sick and I have been unable to swallow. The result is that the holiday weight is coming off, to the tune of 2.5 pounds in 3 days.

1 comment:

  1. This post reminded me that I can now start paying more attention to my pedometer as my achilles tendonitis is slowly healing with care...........just need to take it slow and steady..............As I age, this extreme self care becomes more andmore important.........and it is time consuming.........but it is very, very important.

    ReplyDelete