Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WUNAM

At the beginning of the year I was making my resolutions and plans for 2009 and I came up with a new mantra to help me through life's little challenges. WUNAM. I started out the year really wanting to be mindful about what I was doing in relationships with people and with food. To not react as so many of us do in charged situations, but to act from my best self. To eat awake, not use food as entertainment and a mind numbing drug, to Wake Up (WU). The NAM is Not About Me, in difficult situations and relationships I find that it is never about me. It is about that person's reaction or where they are coming from, their insecurities and frame of mind and then the fight is my reaction to that person's reaction, my insecurities and my frame of mind. If I keep in the place where I am not reacting unconsciously and I am mindful, then I see that it is not about me. It is very empowering to me that I get to choose my reaction. I find peace and can act from a place of love, not scarcity and anger.

My best self does this. I am not capable of doing this all the time, but I am working on it. When I WUNAM, I am in a better place and I don't eat emotionally. I am not angry and I don't solve my problems with Snickers. Maybe this slippery slope that I have been on for the past 3 days, when I wake up in the morning I am ready to really stick to my plan and then don't, is about emotional eating. Today I vowed to do better than yesterday. My weight is back up to 190.2. I don't even know how that is possible. It can't be real. Probably water weight from too much salt, digestive issues or hormones, all of which will throw off my weight for a day or two, but it got me focused right quick.

I need to admit that I am reacting emotionally to something. WUNAM it. Focus on what I can do positive in my life and do it. Be my best self and act from my best self. Wake up! It is not about me! WUNAM WUNAM WUNAM WUNAM................

1 comment:

  1. I've decided to start commenting on your blogs as a part of my own program. WUNAM so works!!! Today, for example, I started the day obsessing about something that really isn't any of my business........and would have probably been tempted to eat over it. But I WUNAMed it and I'm on track with my food journal and exercise steps for the day. The acronym WUNAM, expressed out loud as a type of chant or expletive, is a powerful reminder of an essential truth: if we wake up to our own aliveness and start acting instead of reacting, all dreams, goals, and visions are possible. Thanks for WUNAM, Kari!!!

    ReplyDelete