Sunday, November 15, 2009

Zen of Weight Loss

I have adopted several spiritual practices that have helped me on this journey. The Zen has been in the practices that to me seem like meditations:

1. Weekly yoga and Pilate's that integrates my mind, body and spirit.
2. Planning my food and writing down all I eat. I am in the present, focused and observant of my choices.
3. Daily weighing.
4. Walking in nature, especially by water I find to be very spiritual.
5. Writing this Blog.

This weight loss journey has been like a labyrinth. A spiritual journey to my center. "Your life is a sacred journey. And it is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous challenges at every step along the way. You are on the path... exactly where you are meant to be right now... And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing of courage, of beauty, of wisdom, of power, of dignity, and of love." Caroline Adams

If I remember that I am exactly where I need to be and follow the path, knowing it is the right one and it will lead me back to the world with a greater understanding of who I am at my center.

1 comment:

  1. This is another post I'll return to over and over again. I like how you have broken down the components of your success. I also like the labyrinth analogy..........a spiritual journey to your center......When we truly own our lives in co-creativity with God, we harness a powerful flow which can only move us to our greater Good!! :)

    ReplyDelete