Monday, November 2, 2009

MOJO

I have lost my mojo. I need a new motivation. I haven't stayed out off the Halloween candy or the cookies. I haven't counted every calorie. I haven't been diligent about my exercise. Again I am face to face with the slippery slope. Why does is always sneak up on me and slap me in the face.

I know how to get out of it, but I am not sure I am ready. Weight loss is hard. Harder some days than others. Impossible some days. So what is the plan? First, stop eating cookies then do all the rest of the stuff that I know works. I think I need to review:

1. Plan all meals and snacks- max 1500 calories a day. That really means MAX 1500.
2. Schedule exercise 60 minutes per day
3. Drink water before during and after meals
4. Take vitamins, fiber and calcium supplements
5. Have a reward system that works.

I am not motivated by the clothing allowance anymore, so I need to change my motivational reward system. I bought my Jaguar today. A 2005 champagne on champagne S series. It is spectacularly beautiful. My reward for losing 50 pounds. Maybe I can't drive the car unless I am on the plan and working it.

Mojo is the only way off the slippery slope and following the plan is the mojo.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Jaguar. WEight loss IS hard. I've been doing EVERYTHING right...even training for the 1/2 marathon right....DID get into the Halloween candy Saturday night, but limited it to that day only and only about 500 total extra calories....not bad. Wrote everything down....but NOW I've got some achilles tendonitis and some knee pain so I know I have to cut back on the walking (had gotten up to 32 miles a week).....and must rest so that is not fun and the weight loss will slow down. It is a constant Process and a life long adventure.........not a goal to be reached. I think for those of us who are goal driven, that is a hard pill to swallow....and we just don't get it completely. Weight loss, weight management...energy management...is a daily engagement, not a goal we reach and leave and then go on to another....

    ReplyDelete