Monday, November 9, 2009

Under the Weather

I woke up with a morning sore throat and didn't want to get out of bed. I forced myself to go to the sportsplex for a walk on the treadmill with incline and then a 50 minute swim work out with hard core athletic friends. By the time I got on the treadmill the sore throat was gone and I felt better all day.

This is my pattern in the winter, so it must be starting. The low grade cold/ scratchy throat that doesn't turn into anything. I feel fine most of the day. Here's what I need to do:
1 Drink lots of water
2 Take vitamins (plus extra vitamin C and air raiders)
3 Get plenty of rest
4. Stay warm- going from inside to outside It is during the change of seasons that it effects me most.
5. Stop eating over it. I think I need to eat to feel better. That is my M.O. I could never remember if it was "starve a cold and feed a fever" or the other way so I always ate.

So I will bundle up while helping out at church to collect parking money for the Men's UNC Basketball game tonight, I will take my vitamin C and air raiders, I will go to bed early and drink lots of water to stay healthy. I won't over eat about feeling a little under the weather.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you..........I've got achilles tendonitis and feeling sorry for myself so my recording has gone out the window but it must come back by Monday...that is my deadline...and I've got to go to the gym and use the recumbent bike, swim, and do water aerobics. That's the plan, Stan!

    ReplyDelete