Saturday, November 14, 2009

To Dye or Not to Dye

That is the question I have been struggling with for the past few months. I used to have a nice subtle gray streak on the right side and I thought it looked striking. And then a bit came in on the left and it looks a bit bride of Frankenstein.

Through this weight loss I have started losing hair. My very, very thick hair has started thinning. Coming out in clumps in the shower. I think it has slowed down a bit but it freaks me out. I have read on the Internet that it can be associated with extreme weight loss. I am not worried since I start out with twice as much hair as anyone I know except my mom. I am more hair focused than I have been in the past. Thinking about what type of a doo the thin me wants.

I want to go lighter- light chestnut brown, no gray and maybe dry blow drying my hair and seeing how I look with straight hair for a change. So I sit here with the dye in hair waiting the 25 minutes I need to let the color set, excited and nervous about how it will turn out. My husband said he didn't want me to dye my hair because he doesn't want to dye his. He looks distinguished. I think I will look better this way. Maybe next time I will leave the streak gray and not dye that part.

1 comment:

  1. I think you look younger with the hair now. I like it. I never thought I'd color my hair but for the last 8 years or so I've been highlighting...have decided to tone that down so I'm going to have the hairdresser turn the volume down on this over the next year or so, but it gives me some body. I wish I had your hair's body and curl....we always have what we don't want!!!

    ReplyDelete