Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

I have to make a pumpkin pie for my husband to take into work tomorrow for a holiday pot luck. I will do so in a bit, but I thought I'd tell you about 2 options to really cut calories for the holidays. Instead of pumpkin pie try pumpkin custard or pumpkin mousse.

Pumpkin custard
(a reduced calorie version of crustless pumpkin pie)

Two cups Pumpkin
2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
10 packets of sweetener
1T Cinnamon
1 t cloves

Spray glass or ceramic pan with pam and bake like you would a pie. About one hour at 350.
Calories seven servings- total 350 calories or 50 calories per serving. Top with whipped cream, add 20-30 calories

Pumpkin Fluff

1 large can pumpkin
1 8 oz. low fat whipped topping
1 box fat free vanilla or butterscotch pudding
Pumpkin pie spice to taste

Mix together and refrigerate. 50 calories per half cup serving.

You can have your pie and eat it too. Just stay away from the high calorie ones and especially the crusts.

1 comment:

  1. You know the Mountain Dew slogan: "Do the Dew!" Well, my Thanksgiving mantra this year was "Stuff the Fluff!!"....meaning, only Pumpkin Fluff for dessert (and not too much of it either)....worked like a charm (writing this after the fact as I'm going back and posting responses)

    ReplyDelete