Thursday, November 19, 2009

Annual Physical

I had my annual Dr appointment today and for the first time in long time I was actually looking forward to the appointment. I knew that my doctor would be impressed and she was.

My heart rate and pulse rate were very low, my blood pressure was 106/88. I weighed 38 pounds less than I did last year at this time which was 10 pounds lighter than the year before.

We are both looking forward to seeing the results of my blood work. The past 3-5 years my triglycerides/ blood sugar and cholesterol have been creeping up. My good cholesterol is very low and bad is high and the total has been within acceptable range but a concern because of the good being too low.

Compared to a year ago when she said I was quite healthy given my weight, this year I am 10 times healthier- my words not hers. I have all but stopped drinking alcohol, am exercising very regularly and eating much better including the daily snickers.

The results, imperceptible day by day, are huge year by year. I can't help but feel great about my body today. What a difference a year makes.

1 comment:

  1. What a difference, indeed!!! Big congrats here and I hope to mirror or match your experience when I have my physical in April!!

    ReplyDelete