Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Coffee, tea or soda

I love a good cup of coffee and I really like an OK cup of coffee and I will drink a medorcre cup of coffee all day long. I love the smell, the color with a bit of milk and the feel of the warm cup in my hand. Wait, hold that thought I am going to nuke the left over decaf from this morning to enjoy while I write.......There that is much better. Yes I mircowave coffee and think it is just fine. I know this will horrify a few of my dear friends. I am not a coffee snob, just a lover.

Tea is OK, I like Earl Grey and jasmine tea every once in a while. When I lived in Amsterdam and Beijing I drank tea a lot more. In China I had Jasmine tea all the time and even white tea if I didn't want the caffeine (hot water). What is it about having a nice cup of something hot that is loved world wide? Is it the caffeine? Not for me because I am almost completely off of caffeine now for more than a month and the only side effect is that I have been sleeping much better. No more need for Tylenol PM (actually it is just the benedryl that puts me out)

I drink a lot of diet soda too. Big K diet root beer at $2 a 12 pack is my current favorite, Diet caffeine free Dr Pepper is next on my list but a diet coke is great too especially with lime. Tea has no calories and coffee does, why am I still drinking so much coffee? And then there is water. I drink a lot of water too for thirst, not for pleasure.

Coffee has 2-5 calories per 8 oz cup and tea has none (0-2) neither does diet pop but you have the artificial sweetener. Water is by far the best choice, but I will keep my coffee with skim and I figure it is about 70 calories a day with half a cup of skim and a 10 cup (6 oz cups) pot. I will drink more water going forward because I know it is best for me.

1 comment:

  1. Water.........can't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete