Friday, November 13, 2009

New Spin on Calorie Math

I do not like spin class. I do not get a rush after the class is over. My only joy is that I have burned over 300 calories and can watch the calorie count go up as I work my butt off (literally- I have almost no butt now!)

On Veteran's Day I ate like there was no tomorrow and that nothing counted. I realized that I need a new kind of calories math. Now, before eating I will consciously calculate how many minutes on the bike it takes to burn off what I am putting in my mouth and decide if it is worth it.

I burn 300 calories in 45 minutes, that is 15 minutes on the dreaded spin bike to burn every 100 calories. I've really got to want it to make it worth that price.

1 comment:

  1. Hate Spin class......will do dancing, walking, hiking,NIA, water aerobics..........spin is too much of a butt burn......but the bike on my own...and a pace that suits me, since I have to ride it now as I'm healing the achilles...works fine!

    ReplyDelete