Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Effect

I am so glad that it is Monday. The house is quite and I am back on my diet after it getting completely derailed over the weekend. I am up 5 pounds from my lows. How can that be??

The 'weekend effect" is well documented. Washington University in St Louis did a study and participants had a steady dip in weight Monday through Thursday and then no weight loss Friday through Sunday. Everyone cheats on the weekends.

Do how do you manage around the weekends? Step up the exercise. Next weekend I will double exercise rather than giving myself a break. Plan and count the calories. Maybe a protein powder shake for breakfast and lunch on the weekends to allow for more calories later in the day when hubby wants to go out or party.

I keep expecting this to get easier. That one day it wont be a struggle. I don't see that happening yet and I just can't see it on the horizon. So I slug it out day after day, fighting with the hungry pig inside that keeps wanting.

1 comment:

  1. Not "back on my diet".....let's reframe to "back in conscious energy management mode"...because that is what it is...being intentional about the inflow and out go of energy in the form of calories...that is all it is. It is not denial or anything like that...it is mindfulness, pure and simple! (but not easy)

    ReplyDelete