Sunday, October 11, 2009

Just Do It- 5 Things

For years I have known if I did just five things that I would lose weight. They were:

1. Drink water
2. Plan meals
3. Schedule exercise
4. No eating after 7 pm
5. Take supplements

I did this with Atkins, counting Weight Watcher points and now on the UNC plan. When ever I did these things I lost weight. Why didn't it work in the past? Because I stopped doing one or more of the 5 key things that made me successful. Perhaps it was too many things maybe they weren't the right things that I could keep up long term, or it wasn't the right time. Still, for me, these are some of the key behaviors that make me a healthier person. It is just a matter of doing them. We all know what we need to do to be healthier.

The 5 things keep me focused and help me to keep making better choices. Now they are pretty much habits, since I have been doing them so long continually. What are your top 5? Now just do!

1 comment:

  1. top five:
    1.no TV late at night...in bed by midnight
    2.write down calories every day
    3.10,000 steps
    4. wake up gradually....most productive time not in a.m. but get going early
    5. attitude of gratitude

    ReplyDelete