Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Incognito

Today 2 (TWO!) of my very good friends didn't recognize me. I met a friend to walk early and another for lunch. How really bazaar! It as though I am going through my life now disguised as a thin person. This happened a few months ago with another very good friend who saw me going into the library and she wasn't expecting to see me so that makes more sense. Today it was people I was meeting and they didn't think that thin person was me. I am incognito.

It makes me feel weird. I haven't seen the changes because they are so gradual. This proves the picture in my head isn't always reality. I didn't feel very thin this morning after gaining 1 pound yesterday and going over my calories goal with 400 extra chocolate calories I couldn't resist. Must be PMS. I was famished all day yesterday and couldn't keep out of the chocolate after dinner. I had to go to bed at 8:30 to stop.

Today has been better. I worked at the IFC (soup kitchen) and didn't sample any of the desserts and feel better and more in control. I am not feeling very thin so I am glad that it was today that my dear friends didn't recognize me. A great help to my fragile ego after falling on the slope yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are a shadow of your former self and you look younger, healthier, and radiant!! It is not just the weight....I think it is the mind set, the walking, the attention to self care, and the healthy food. Three cheers for you!

    ReplyDelete