Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bites Not Taken

Every dollar you do not spend adds to your bottom line. This was a powerful lesson I learned in my early twenties. When I spend money I think, would I rather have that, or the money? This philosophy has served me well and I have been a saver ever since.

It hit me today that the same analogy is true for food. WOW. Every extra snickers I haven't eaten has not added to my bottom and kept me losing weight. It is the late night snacks that I wanted or the glass or 2 of red wine while watching TV or a movie that I didn't have that made all the difference. Would I rather have the snickers or glass of wine OR keep off the almost 50 pounds I have lost and get the last 15-20 off?

Life is about choices and we all have the power to make the right choice if we really understand the cost, the trade offs and the repercussions of our choices. To me this is the absolute simplest way to look at it. Do I want that or do I want to be thin. Do I want that or do I want to be rich. They say you can never be too thin or too rich. I am neither, but I am closer than I was and more importantly I am on the right path.

1 comment:

  1. couldn't be any simpler than that!!! When we follow the KISS principle, and get reminded a lot, it just gets easier and easier!!

    ReplyDelete