Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spin Class

I went to spin class yesterday for the first (maybe second) time in months. I have not been a regular since spring. My friend practically dragged me there kicking and screaming, (at least complaining loudly and making snide comments through out the class) Eddie sure kicked my butt, but I am glad I did it and have now put it in my schedule for the rest of the month. I will add the Tues 9 a.m. spin class to my exercise routine .

Walking in nature is meditative and has helped to keep me loosing weight. I really enjoy the waking. Spin class, not so much. My fear is that with only walking I will plateau as more weight comes off. I also do not feel my fitness level increasing anymore. Adding the high intensity work out once a week will help (I hope).

I have also put weights in my car to carry in a back pack when walking, and I have smaller weights in the front seat to use to do curls while waiting at stop lights. I will get the strength training some how. I am frustrated by the weight fluctuations up 4 pounds a few days ago and then the 4 pounds vanish over the next 3 days. I am not sure what happens but it scares me into shaking up my routine. Maybe that is the point. The lesson from the diet gods....

Another reason to go to spin- one of the women came up after the class and said,"Wow, you have lost a lot of weight. What have you been doing?"... This weight loss thing is all about vanity. Keeps me focused and on track. The ego is a beautiful thing if you know how to manipulate it to your total advantage.

1 comment:

  1. Spinning hurts my butt and I find it boring. Maybe when I've shed most of my weight I'll feel differently, but I've tried it twice and didn't like it either time. Give me a fast pace jazz dance class instead any day. And I can shed just as much weight that way. As far as the scale goes, I'v got that same 3-4 lb. spread day to day, even though i may be doing everying right. I think I've just got to accept that there are things I really can't figure out. Fluctuating between 175 and 179 when I get to my goal weight is much better than fluctuating between 228 and 230 or 252 and 255 as I've done at other times in my life. I'm just working on lowering the whole range........that helps me keep it in perspective and not sweat the small stuff.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete