Sunday, October 4, 2009

What's Cooking- Rosemary Pork Roast

I love to cook. I remember when I lived in Memphis, (about 20 years ago) I was asked what my dream job would be. I said I would love to live in the woods and write cook books. My BFF wanted to be head bitch on a soap opera, actually I think she still does. So that year I wrote down some of my favorite recipes and still refer to my hand written cook book from time to time. Now that we are in the digital age and I have a blog and people seemed to have liked the Kung Pao recipe, I am going to fulfill my dream and self publish some of my recipes right here.

Tonight we had roast pork, and while roasting the pork I roast the cabbage, onion and potatoes with fresh rosemary. Here's how I did it:

Cut off all the visible fat and give to dog. If the roast is too big like mine, cut off about half of the meat to use later for Chinese food or smaller roast- freeze these portions. Put remaining pork roast in casserole dish without lid set on top of 6 springs of fresh rosemary 450 for 15-30 minutes depending on the the size of your roast, turn oven down to 250 put lid on pork or cover in foil and bake until internal temp of pork is 160-170. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing remove any fat.

Cut up 3 potatoes into 1 inch cubes, spray bottom of glass baking dish with Pam, add potato cubes and 3 springs of rosemary with needles taken off. Spray with Pam on top and sprinkle with Lawry's seasoning salt and garlic powder. Cut up one onion do the same in another pan as with the potatoes- except no rosemary, same with 1/3 a head of cabbage- again no Rosemary. When the oven is down to 250 put the vegetables in.

Calories:

One Potato (150)
1 Cup Cabbage (30)
3 oz pork no fat (200)
1/2 onion (25)

Total 405 calories for my large and lovely Rosemary Pork dinner.

1 comment: