Friday, October 30, 2009

The Ultimate Reward

What is the thing that you have wanted since high school and never thought you would have? What is too extravagant, too expensive, too showy, ostentatious, just too much? I have always wanted to have Jaguar. I think they are beautiful and I want one. I am still on the cusp of losing 50 pounds but want to get a reward for myself, because I deserve it.

When I was 50-70 pounds over weight I didn't feel that I deserve to have such a treat. My self opinion kept me heavy and kept me depriving myself of luxuries to a certain extent. I am starting to see through this. The over eating was a protection and a barrier in life from living fully. I feel that through the process of getting healthy I have been able to see through the fog and live today.

So in the spirit of living today, I am in the market for a used Jaguar. There is a beautiful 2005 dark grey with tan leather interior with 35k miles for about $12,000. So I may be making a trip to NYC to buy the car of my dreams. Or I will keep dreaming and fall in love with another one. Driving a Jaguar is like good friends not recognizing me. The weight coming off has transformed me and shifted me into a life I never felt I could have.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Thanks for the link. Your postings are wise and inspirational, such solid gold.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my reward is going to be something like a whole year of travel, or a summer of travel and learning new languages all over the world. Although, come to think of it, a mustang convertible sounds nice...........as does an Inada Sogno massage chair, a screened in porch, a hot tub, and an infrared sauna with stargazing stars out back.........but, you know, even as I type those things, I'm just not that excited about them anymore. I think as I shed my weight I'm also letting go of any residual materialism that lingers in my psyche. This is good, because as I accept abundance and let go of a scarcity mentality, there is no reason to horde anything, including fat on my body for a "dry spell." I can be lean and mean, which prepares me to tackle anything in life!! And that includes celebrating with you when you get your new Jaguar by riding in it with you!!! Happy Halloween, Kari!!!!! May we be "ghosts" of our former selves as we head into the darker seasons.

    ReplyDelete