Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Namaste

The divine in me honors the divine you. Honoring the divine in others is easy, honoring the divine in me is not. I am compassionate towards others and not so much towards myself. Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves. I need to embrace my imperfection and be kinder to me. It is easy for me to beat up on myself for my imperfections. I need to take care of myself first and love myself where I am.

Put yourself first. "Put on your oxygen mask first before helping others." It is easier to put other's first do for others, be kind to others than to do it for yourself. I just finished the new Dan Brown book -The Lost Symbol which talks about god being in all of us. I believe this, yet I don't act that way. This train of thought started with a friend telling me today that I am too hard on myself. If I can see the divine in others why don't I see it in me. I need to love myself where I am, through my faults, through my weight plateau, through my calorie creep which has stopped my weight loss, through losing my temper, through all the times and places I fall short of perfection. Celebrate the small successes of the bites not taken and the big successes of getting into the size 10s and 12s and losing almost 50 pounds.

Six months ago I thought that my weight was my biggest problems and if I lost 50 pounds everything would be great and all my troubles would be over. I didn't know that it was just the beginning of finding total health. The real problem is not loving myself everyday for everything just the way I am. I am perfect, I am divine and I am everything I need to be just the way I am.

1 comment: