Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gratitude

The past 2 days my lesson has been: be grateful. I am feeling a sense of gratitude for the people in my life and the gifts I have been given. I am grateful for my imperfections and my successes.

Last night as reflecting on working at the IFC (shelter) the phrase, "there but for the grace of god go I" came to me. I believe in making good choices and working hard but I also believe that we all aren't given the same deck to deal with. I am grateful for the hand I was dealt and hope that I can use my gifts to the greatest good.

It starts with appreciating what you have and where you are right now. My new spiritual practice that I am adding in my life is a daily gratitude journal to go along with my food journal.

1 comment:

  1. My dad taught me this saying when I was a little girl.........."There but for the grace of God go I." It made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me now. An "attitude of gratitude" goes a long way towards helping one live an authentic, service oriented life that is not about "me, me, me" but about serving the greater body of all God's children. It is a perfect companion to the WUNAM approach....You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete