Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lean Cuisine

Lean Cuisine TV dinners are not my idea of great meals. I wouldn't call it cuisine, more like "lean tiny dinner that do in a pinch." On the mini vacation with the mom's, I took Lean Cuisine for my dinners to make it easy on myself. Less prep and clean up, and it worked out great. They are OK, a bit small, but what did I expect for 240-250 calories. The lemon grass chicken and brown rice wasn't that bad actually.

I supplemented the TV dinners with a salad (50 calories with spray on dressing) and one cup of cooked cabbage (30 calories) and topped it off with a low cal pudding (70 calories) so the whole dinner for about 400 calories. It was fine and satisfying. I didn't feel deprived at all. Quite the calorie bargain. Lean cuisine afforded me enough calories to indulge in European chocolates and red wine and not go over my calorie goal.

I am learning how to go on vacation and loose weight at the same time. This is a HUGE step for me. I walked tons, hiking in the mountains and got in over 10,000 steps each day. When were at the beach a few months ago I was able to get more than my 10,000 in each day too.

In addition to the mountain hikes, I also walked around a few malls to get in some steps and retail therapy, spending some of my clothes allowance / reward money for keeping within my calorie goal. I bought the last goal jeans!!!!!!!! Friday, I bought a pair of size 10 long Liz Claiborne jeans at the outlet for $8 before using my $5 gift card for AAA members because I went to one of their outlets earlier in the year. The jeans are definitely a real size 10. Another mom who is a size 10 tried them on they fit- not her favorite fit but a real size 10. I could get them on, I could button them and zip them but I look a bit like a stuffed sausage. Once they fit I am done. These are the last goal pants and today I bought on clearance, a size medium, red, short sleeved button up shirt ($3 JCP) that is too tight, but buttons. Once this top fits I am done. It feels so close. The last goal. It is like I am almost to the top of the mountain.

2 comments:

  1. Chris W (great friend for 25 years and food snob) says "lean cuisine is not food" and I should retract my post. I apologized and agreed not to buy them again. I do prefer leftovers of my own cooking anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lean Cuisine is much better if you add broccoli slaw, extra cabbage and/or extra shrimp to the base....although you've got to keep track of the added calories. The shrimp and broccoli slaw were tips from a friend who is a long term Weight Watchers maintainer and Weight Watchers leader/employee.

    ReplyDelete